martes, 20 de marzo de 2012

BALZAC


This restaurant was a complete disappointment to me. Not so much for the food, which was average, but for the service. The waiters in Balzac have no idea of what a good service is, they are rude and they make you feel like you are nothing but one more table to serve. For me, a good dining experience is a combination of several factors: food, service and ambience. The owners should invest in training their people, because a bad service can spoil a good meal and an amazing place.
One night we decided to have dinner at Balzac, but we had no reservations since we were just walking by the place. We arrived pretty early and there were several tables empty, but one of the waiters explained to us that they were reserved. He left us 20 min waiting for a table and then he forgot about us. When we asked again, he looked upset and he said that he had explained to us the situation and that we should keep waiting. By that time, none of the free tables were occupied, so we decided to leave. Apparently, they didn’t care.
Another night, we decided to make a reservation and give the restaurant another chance, maybe the previous time we had had bad luck…..
To start with, my husband and I ordered two glasses of wine and the waiter served us a ridiculously small amount of wine, honestly, it was like two sips. I have never seen that in my life! We complained about it, but he ignored us, so my husband decided to return his glass. The waiter took the wine and he didn’t even apologize. Then, he brought the food. We had the steak with mashed potatoes. I didn’t like it, the meat was not tender and it had nerves on it. And I think that by that time the night was ruined for us….
The only good things that I can come up with were the bread with butter and the mashed potatoes.
Overall it was a sour experience….I would not go back and I would not recommend it.


Address: Calle 83 #12-19, Bogotá- Colombia
Tel.: (571) 6105210- 6106206
Price range: $$$$



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario